Biely Kameň castle, ruin
The ruins of a medieval castle from the 13th century. It was destroyed in 1663 in the Ottoman wars, after which it was not restored. A group of volunteers - Castrum Sancti Georgii - is currently trying to save it.
Svätojurský hrad, Neštyšský zámok; (Biely Kameň literally means the White Stone)
The ruins of a medieval castle, which replaced the Great Moravian fort on the opposite hill. The castle was built by the counts of St. George in about 1270-1295. It was destroyed in 1663 in the Ottoman wars, after which it was not restored. Volunteers in Castrum Sancti Georgii civic association are trying to save the castle.
The castle is located on a wooded hill above the town of Svätý Jur at the foot of the Little Carpathians at an altitude of 290 meters.
Hike from Svätý Jur - From the train station use the trail. Across the square to the local part of Neštich; here the trail turns left into the forest and after a while leads to the castle.
Hike from Stupava - Follow the trail across the ridge of the Little Carpathians to Biely kríž, then down to the castle.
Hike from Stupava via three castles - Use the trail to the Stupava obora bus stop and then the trail to the Pajštún castle. Behind Kozlisko turn to Dračí hrádok. Down to Medené hámre and by the trail to Biely kríž and then by the trail to the castle.
By bike across the Carpathians - From Stupava by an asphalt road through Borinka. Near Košariská turn right through the valley of Cúrský potok to the ridge and along the asphalt road through Tri bresty to Jozefkovo údolie. The castle is located on the hill on the right.